Wednesday, September 1, 2010

EOC Week 8: Discussion Questions

1. Why do consumers feel such a close attachment to their bags?
The handbag is considered an investment to many women, pet carriers are meant to protect a person’s pet, and a baby bag carries every little thing that you might need for your baby.
2. What is your favorite brand of bag, briefcase, or backpack, and why? How does this brand reflect your personality? Do you think you will ever switch to a different brand?
Personally, I love Gucci bags. The Gucci logo is a classic in luxury fashion. I like to think that my own personal style is very classic but I still always like to have an edge that’s my own, whether it’s in style or not, if I want to wear it I’m going to. I think the Gucci brand resembles this also, especially with the assortment of bags they offer.
3. Now that you have read this chapter, go to www.dantebeatrix.com and explain how the company has evolved. What is the latest news? How do you think the line reflects current fashion?
The company has taken on eco-friendly construction with three lines of bags called the Eco-Pack, the Little Eco-Pack, and the Eco Stroller Tote, this very much so represents a trend that is happening in today’s fashion.
4. Why do you think Dante Beatrix is so successful with the company’s ideas to pursue graphic design instead of jus focusing on bag design? Is branding the key element that drives you to purchase a bag, briefcase, or backpack? Look at a bag you have now. Is it designer? What is the brand? What features really make it special, or is it really just the name that makes it unique? Describe your answers in detail.
In reference to Dante Beatrix, I believe that the company identified the graphic designs as a way to reinforce their brand identity with their market. I think that it depends on what market you’re talking about as far as branding. There are some people that will say it doesn’t matter what brand a bag is, as long as it does the job they’ll take it. But, like Pinto says, we don’t care about them. So yes, I believe that the brand is one of the dominant reasons a person will get a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment